[Jesus said,] “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.” (John 13:34)
“For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and Jesus died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.” (2 Corinthians 5:14, 15)
- We firmly believe that the entire body of Christ is able to help serve their neighbor. This is why we facilitate the Stephen Ministry program here at St. John's. If you or someone you love would like to make a confidential inquiry about receiving a Stephen Minister, please email Pastor Taylor or Pastor Wade and they will connect you to one of our many Stephen Ministers.
- We strive to be the hands and feet of Christ to our community in Waltz and to the rest of the world by:
- Making sure our homebound members receive visits and gift baskets
- Providing hardship relief to those in our community
- Maintaining and providing our own food pantry to those in our community
- Making and donating food and quilts as well as gathering necessitities to local area shelters
- Regularly donating and participating in missions that span the globe
- Praying for the entire Church and all its needs
- We have a lot going on at St. John's, and it is not uncommon for you to find us out in the community - especially at Applefest, the Monroe County Fair, and in our local businesses and charities. If there is a particular area you would like to serve, please call or email us for more information!